What the fund covers
This fund aims to remove financial barriers to participation and help us achieve our goal of having the most active community in New Zealand. It will do that by providing:
- activity-related costs
- equipment not provided through a club, school or activity provider
- uniform, clothing or footwear
- facility fees or event costs
- access to one-on-one or small group coaching
- opportunities that support a lifelong love of being physically active
- travel-related costs
Who the fund is for
The Active Communities Fund is for individuals, families, children and youth who might be financially disadvantaged to participate in their chosen sport or physical activity.
How to apply
Sport Manawatū administers this fund on our behalf. Visit the Sport Manawatū website for the full funding outline and criteria, and for an application form.