You can still enrol to vote up to 4pm on Friday 11 October
Palmerston North City Council residents who are not listed on the final electoral roll for these elections can enrol by calling 0800 36 76 56, visiting the Electoral Commission website Vote NZ or obtaining enrolment forms at PostShops or Palmerston North City Council libraries or Customer Service Centre up to 4pm on Friday 11 October 2019.
Palmerston North City Council ratepayers who are not listed on the final electoral roll for Palmerston North City Council can enrol by returning a non-resident ratepayer elector enrolment form by 4pm on Friday 11 October 2019. Download from the bottom of this page or pick one up from the Electoral Officer or the Palmerston North City Council Customer Service Centre.
Special voting arrangements
Special voting facilities for this year's elections will be available from the Palmerston North City Council Customer Service Centre at 32 The Square, Palmerston North during normal office hours between Friday 20 September and Friday 11 October 2019 and from 8am to 12 noon on Saturday 12 October 2019.
Eligibility to vote
Persons are qualified to be enrolled on the Parliamentary Electoral Roll if they:
- Are a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident of New Zealand; and
- Are 18 years of age or over; and
- Have at some time resided continuously in New Zealand for one year or longer; and
- Are not otherwise disqualified under the Electoral Act 1993.
Parliamentary Electoral Rolls may be inspected at the following locations:
- Council's Customer Service Centre, 32 The Square
- Central Library, 4 The Square (NZ and Pacific Zone 2nd floor)
- Electoral Commission Enrolment Services, Level 3, 478 Main Street
- New Zealand Post Shops
If you are not currently enrolled on the Parliamentary Electoral Roll, or wish an alteration to be made, the following options are available:
- Complete the appropriate form available at any of the above locations.
- Call 0800 36 76 56
- Enrol online on the Vote NZ website
Ratepayers who are not residents of Palmerston North
Ratepayers who are not residents of Palmerston North but pay rates on a property within the city may be entitled to enrol on the Ratepayer Electoral Roll.
Companies, businesses and societies which are ratepayers may also nominate an elector to vote on their behalf. Any such elector nominated must reside outside Palmerston North.
Any alterations or additions to the Ratepayer Roll should be made by completing and returning the enrolment form for ratepayer electors (below).