The team is run by Palmerston North City Council as part of the Civil Defence Act of 2002. It provides support to emergency services within the Manawatū region for:
- civil defence emergency management
- light urban search and rescue
- flood, swift water or high angle rope rescue emergencies.
REST has been registered as a New Zealand response team since 2004 with the designation NZRT-4. This registration recognises the team's ability to provide emergency response anywhere in New Zealand if requested.
REST team members:
- are committed and dedicated
- undergo regular training to maintain skills to the highest level possible
- complete internationally recognised qualifications
- work well under pressure
- enjoy working in a team environment.
Joining the team
We're looking for new team members at the moment. If you'd like to know more about joining, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 06 356 8199.
The team posts regular updates on Facebook about events, activities and recruitment. Visit the REST page on Facebook to see what we're doing: