Service connections are connections to:
- the wastewater network (includes gravity and pressure sewers)
- the water network
- the stormwater network (either through a direct connection to the pipeline or an outlet to the kerb)
If you are applying for connections at more than one property, please lodge a separate application for each.
For all enquiries, please call our Customer Service Centre on 06 356 8199.
How to arrange service connections to your property
The property owner, drainlayer, or contractor applies to Council and pays a fee. You can do this at the same time you apply for building consent.
- Council approves the connection and provides the network information the contractor will need to do the job.
- The applicant engages an approved service connections contractor or pressure sewer system installer and notifies the Council—you can find lists of approved contractors and installers at the bottom of the page.
- The contractor arranges a road opening notice and permits.
- After the work is completed the Council inspects it and issues a certificate of completion to the contractor, with a copy for the applicant.
- The property owner pays the contractor after receiving the certificate of completion. Council is not liable for any of the contractor's costs.
Engaging a contractor
- Council maintains a list of approved service connections contractors who have agreed to provide connections to Council standards. We maintain a separate register of contractors registered to install pressure sewer systems. You must choose a contractor from these lists—download them below.
- Work cannot begin until you have Council approval and have notified Council who the contractor is.
Service connection fees
Paying application fees to Council
Payment can be made in two ways:
- Pay the total fee when you apply for a service connection.
- Pay the processing fee when you apply, and the inspection fee when approval is granted.
Fees from 1 July 2019 (GST inclusive)
Fees are per property. If you are applying for connections at more than one property, please lodge a separate application for each.
|One connection (sewer, water or stormwater)||$74||$116||$190|
|Two connections to the networks (single property)||$116||$170||$286|
|Three connections to the networks (single property)||$153||$222||$375|